Table of Contents
Kalasan Fried Chicken Recipe with Galangal Seasoning is a method of cooking traditional fried chicken from Kalasan, Sleman, and Yogyakarta with galangal seasoning. Kalasan Fried Chicken has a savory flavor that is rich in Indonesian spices.
The spices permeate the bone, and the chicken meat is extremely tender. Typically, a serving of Kalasan Fried Chicken adds a crunchy texture to the dish. Bund, I can’t wait to try the Kalasan Fried Chicken!
Kalasan Fried Chicken’s History
The Mbok Berek food stall in Tirtomani Village, Kec. Kalasan, first introduced the delicious and tender recipe for Kalasan Fried Chicken with galangal seasoning. Mbok Berek’s fried chicken was a local favorite due to its distinct flavor at the time.
President Soekarno even stopped by this small shop in the 1950s to taste the Kalasan Fried Chicken. Mbok Berek began recruiting local residents to help him in selling Kalasan Fried Chicken because there were so many buyers at the time.
Unfortunately, this legendary informal economy had to declare bankruptcy in the 1960s. After they were no longer employed at the shop, the Mbok Berek workers took over the Kalasan Fried Chicken business. As a result, this legendary dish is still available today.
Kalasan Fried Chicken’s Distinctiveness
Kalasan Fried Chicken Recipe with Savory Galangal has several distinguishing characteristics when compared to other Indonesian fried chicken dishes, including:
- The taste is creamy and crunchy.
- Kremesan is made from starch dough, giving it a super crunchy texture.
- Using chicken that has been seasoned with onions and salt as the main ingredients.
- The flavor of chicken is typically savory.
- Using a unique cooking method to produce perfectly cooked and tender fried chicken.
- Cucumber, sliced cabbage, basil leaves, and a special chili sauce are served on the side.
- One chicken without the innards and claws is contained in one portion of Kalasan Fried Chicken.
- It’s ideal for eating with warm rice.
- The creamy is usually served separately from the chicken.
- The chicken is marinated in herbs and spices for one night before being deep-fried the following day.
- Kalasan chicken is not only delicious when fried, but it is also delicious when it grilled.
Tips for Choosing Good Quality Pepper
Pepper is one of the ingredients in the Kalasan Fried Chicken with Galangal Seasoning recipe. Here are some simple tips to help you find high-quality pepper:
- Recognize the Texture
A good quality pepper has a coarse and large texture. The surface is rough and wrinkled, rather than completely smooth. Because it has undergone a thorough drying process. You should avoid pepper that has epidermis flakes. Because the pepper has been stored for too long, the aroma has become musty.
- Recognize the Pepper Color
Pepper is typically colored according to its variety. White pepper is cream or gray in color, whereas black pepper is black in color. Pepper with a good color looks clean and free of powder crumbs. It’s best to avoid peppercorns whose color has faded.
- Smell the Pepper
If the pepper has a slightly spicy, pungent aroma and a distinct peppery smell, it indicates that it is of high quality. However, if the aroma is no longer pleasant and musty, it is possible that the storage method was incorrect or that the quality of the pepper has deteriorated. You should also avoid musty-scented pepper, which can interfere with the aroma of your cooking.
Mixed Coriander Characteristics
Coriander, in addition to pepper, is a spice in the recipe for Kalasan Fried Chicken with Galangal Seasoning. When purchasing coriander in the market, however, you must take caution. Because coriander is now contaminated with hazardous chemicals.
Consider some of the following mixed coriander characteristics:
- Coriander is light brown in color due to the presence of whitening ingredients such as body lotion. Coriander’s natural color is close to brown or slightly yellowish.
- Coriander produces no aroma, despite the fact that real coriander has a spicy and pungent aroma.
- Coriander does not break easily when pressed because it has been chemically soaked.
- Even after months of storage, mixed coriander does not rot.
Kalasan Fried Chicken Recipe with Galangal Seasoning
6 servings per container
Serving Size6 servings
- Amount Per ServingCalories280
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 13.3g 21%
- Saturated Fat 4g 20%
- Cholesterol 106mg 36%
- Sodium 309mg 13%
- Potassium 978mg 28%
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7g 7%
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11%
- Sugars 11.6g
- Protein 24.4g 49%
- Calcium 7%
- Iron 11%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.